Leeds Castle Canterbury and Dover
A journey through the Garden of England
The area of England this tour journeys through is called Kent and its known to be very fertile and famous for growing fruit and hops - these are the main ingredients for beer and cider! We visit Canterbury and learn about the Martyr Thomas Beckett who was slain by the King of England a long time ago in the mighty Cathedral. Then we venture to a beautiful castle which was used several times by Kings Henry VIII. After exploring Leeds Castle we then drop down to the coast for a photo stop at the White Cliffs of Dover to complete this great day out.
16 - 35
- Return travel by executive coach
- Services of an experienced tour leader
- Visit to Leeds Castle (Admission Included)
- Entry to Canterbury Cathedral (Discounted admission available)
- Guided tour of Canterbury
- Visit to Canterbury Tales (optional extra charge)
- A photo stop on sea side to see White Cliffs of Dover (approx. 30 minutes)
- Return to Kings Cross at approximately 19:00hrs
After meeting your guide we depart London and head towards Canterbury where we will have a walking tour showing all its main attractions including the Cathedral and the Weevers house by the river. You then have free time at your leisure to explore this medieval city.
On arrival to the castle you are given entrance to the castle grounds where you are free to explore at your leisure. Explore the Tudor castle or find the secret grotto hidden in the labyrinth - there are many things to do apart from sitting back and taking in the exquisite surroundings. The guide will tell you a time to come back to the coach
On the return to London we stop briefly at Dover so you can see the very famous 'White Cliffs'.